'Til Tuesday - Voices Carry

Time for a wallow in the way back machine.
To the time of the big hair.
I read today that Hot Shot Records is releasing an expanded edition of Voices Carry the 1985 debut album by pop group ‘Til Tuesday. The album was the culmination of three years of hard work from the Boston-based band, comprised of Aimee Mann (vocals/bass), Robert Holmes (vocals/guitar), Joey Pesce (keyboards) and Michael Hausman (drums).
As I recall this was one of the earlier CD's I bought when I switched from vinyl.
My real early CD purchases were more along the lines of buying the classics I already has on vinyl, Dark Side of The Moon, etc.
At the time I was still living in the Boston area, in Hopkinton where they started the Boston Marathon every year, and they were considered a "local" group. I don't think too many people realized what a world wide hit this would become.
So having read that I had to get to playing the song and I found this original video.
Too cool. Kick back and have a wallow.

 


And of course we have to have a live version.
'Til Tuesday's first Live New York Performance in 1985.



                                                                       5 Bears

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online