Kate Miller-Heidke


Stop the presses, Kate Miller-Heidke is the hottest thing since music was invented, this is one amazing singer.  WoW!  With a capital WoW!

OK, so I see this album cover and I have to be honest, if you put a pretty girl on the cover of an album I will give it a second glance at least.
Now to me the album cover screamed dance music, not that it's a bad thing.
I don't even know why I thought dance music.
Maybe it was the title "Nightflight" thinking of Boney M?

But I had to check it out, boy am I ever glad I did, Kate Miller-Heidke can sing the heck out of any thing. What a range, she could sing every thing from Opera to Dance music with all the stops along the road in between.
Kate Miller-Heidke is a force to be reckoned with. I sure hope she comes to the States sometime soon.
Kate Miller-Heidke (born 16 November 1981) is a singer-songwriter from Brisbane, Australia. Although classically trained, she has followed a career in alternative pop music. She is signed to Sony Australia, Epic in the US and RCA in the UK. [Wikipedia]
So first up check out this great live version of one of the songs from the new album.
HumiliationKate Miller-Heidke performs 'Humiliation' from her upcoming album 'Nightflight' @ Lismore, NSW on 21st March 2012



Next up a truly amazing cover song which sadly is not on the album.
I think we owe psychoandy689 a HUGE round of thanks for requesting this, this has to be the most amazing version of Psycho Killer you will ever hear.
What a range this young lady has.
Wow!! Just fucking wow!!
Psycho Killer
After 79 Kate Miller-Heidke gigs, Kate played "Psycho Killer" for me. This was at Pomona (near Noosa) on 1st April 2012. The first time I saw Kate was at Women in Voice 2005 & this was the first song I saw her sing. My Jaw dropped, not just because I'd seen this songs composer David Byrne perform Psycho Killer 2 weeks earlier, but because this little angel was producing an amazing vibrant perfect massive sound. That moment changed my life & I became psychoandy, not because I'm psycho, but because I love this song performed by Kate so much. Ironically my best gig ever is still a Talking Heads Gig @ Hammersmith Palais in 1981. I went to see the support band, U2. [psychoandy689]
                                 Just love this picture, something about it.

psychoandy strikes again with another upload, good on ya! also from Pomona on 4 January, 2012.
The Tiger Inside Will Eat The Child



Check out this acoustic version of a song from the new album.
Fire and Iron


And finally today, everything you ever wanted to know about the making of this great album.

The making of Nightflight - Kate Miller-Heidke Produced by Elleni Toumpas


                                                        5 Bears

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online