Con Maloney


So here's a funny story. I've known this bloke for a little while via Facebook. We both went to the same schools, although some years apart, and we are both from the east end. I don't think he knew I wrote this here thing, and I certainly never knew he was musically inclined.

Then I see a post on his wall of the Mudchute song. I figured it was probably just for a laugh since I had spent many hours of my youth catching newts and frogs at the mud chute.

Then I read the post a bit more intently and realized it is Con who is singing, and sounding all the while that he was from Nashville and not Poplar. So I searched a bit further and found some more of his music. Check him out, who knows maybe the next Glenn Campbell?

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Con Maloney.

Mudchute Song

Mudchute Song © Con Maloney 2011
Words & Music © Con Maloney, all rights reserved
Glass Bridge Music
Photographs of the Mudchute, Isle of Dogs
With acknowledgement to Mick Lemmerman, who owns the copyright © on several of these photographs.

Billy

Words & Music © Con Maloney 2011, all rights reserved
Glass Bridge Music

This one's more of a late 50's early 60's vibe. But my Dad was Jimmy the One, that's first mate in the merchant navy slang. So it has a personal touch.
Jimmy The One

Jimmy The One'
Words & Music © Con Maloney 2011, all rights reserved
Glass Bridge Music

This kind of reminds me of the early days of the High Numbers (aka The Who), good stuff.
Looking For Laverne

Words & Music © Con Maloney 2010, all rights reserved
Glass Bridge Music

Con Maloney on Con Maloney:
Music is my life-long passion. I've played in bands since my teens, now play in duo with my brother Tony, a highly talented guitarist. Trying to concentrate on writing songs more these days, working on lots of old ideas and unfinished pieces when time allows. These are all home demo's, recorded on a Boss 10-track. One day I'll get into a proper studio and get them all down for posterity.




Methinks I've found my next artist of the month.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online