Carlos Funk


OK, so I'm browsing around You Tube and checking my daily recommendations and came across this wonderful guitar picker. I nice tone and a great turner of a tune. It helps that it's the blues, cause I like me some blues. Carlos has his own very interesting blog where you can read more about his take on the blues. Anybody who likes Blind Lemon Jefferson, Blind Willie McTell and Robert Johnson has to be one of the good guys. So check out Carlos and enjoy his sounds.

Dust My Broom (with dancing kid)

This Robert Johnson tune played on my '38 Gibson LOO, "The Lady". I always loved this song and finally figured out a way that I could play it. Thanks to Ludwin for the dramatic accents.
Carlos

Statesboro Blues

My version of Blind Willie McTell's song, made famous by the Allman Bros. I've been playing this for years and it's just evolved. This for Eric and Kass. This, my first recording with the Rode NT1A going into my laptop from a tubepre. I'd like some feedback on what you think about the sound. Blind Willie, of course, played a big old 12 string guitar. This is a 6 string Recording King 12 fret. Carlos

Liberty

Steve James showed me his version of this tune, after seeing my take and telling me that I had too many fingers on the guitar. So I took a few off, added some of my own riffs, and practiced like gangbusters. This song is very meaningful to me because I think it'd be a different country with an anthem like this. Imagine the people boogieing to this at the ball parks. Maybe we can still change it. For me, "Jose, can you see?" just doesn't make it. Carlos

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online