The Unthanks


It's been a while, time to re-visit The Unthanks.
They have this sublime new album currently on release, The Songs of Robert Wyatt and Antony & the Johnsons. Apparently Robert Wyatt was one of the first to hear it, and his comment was:
“Quite simply, Antony & The Johnsons and I have been blessed by angels. If I had to take a single summary of what Alfie and I have being doing over the years to the proverbial desert island I wouldn’t take one of our own records. I’d take the crystal clear interpretations of The Unthanks.”           Robert Wyatt

Not from that album, but just to beautiful to pass by is this song.
King of Rome

The Unthanks perform live, along with the The Brighouse and Rastrick Band, at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards.



Personally I can't wait to get my hands on their new album. Check out this promo sampler.
The Songs of Robert Wyatt and Antony & The Johnsons




Here's a live version of one of my favorite Anthony & The Johnsons songs, and they do a wonderful job of it.
You Are My Sister


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online