Soko


Today we welcome Soko a beautiful young lady who once wanted to quit the music scene, see review below, and just stick to her acting. Boy am I glad she changed her mind. Despite her misgivings I think she has an unusual and beautiful voice.
If you listen to these first three songs, all from Soko's new album, there is a vulnerability about her that is just wonderful to behold.
I am thinking that her album I Thought I Was an Alien will be a permanent resident on my Winamp playlist for some time to come.

I Thought I Was An Alien

Directed by : Soko
With : Alien / Surfer : Maxime Sokolinski
Alien Lovers : Sam Spiegel and Soko
Filmed by: Soko,
Additional Filming : Maxime Sokolinski, Spike Jonze
Edited by : Marie Charlotte Moreau
Alien created by : Alterian ( million thanks to Tony Gardner )
Shot in Echo Park, CA, in august 2011 on my iPhone.



This song could possibly break your heart, achingly beautiful it is.
I've Been Alone Too Long

I've Been Alone Too Long, live //Filmed by: Matthew Gray Gubler, in Nevada in July 2011.



First Love Never Die

Directed by: Soko & Matthew Gray Gubler
Co-Edited by: Matthew Gray Gubler & Soko & Matt Murphy & Laura Gonzalez
First Lovers: Emilia Sterkel & Trip Star Moon.
Shot in Nevada in August 2011.
Big Thank you to everyone at the Ranch ( humans & animals ! ) for letting us have such a wonderful time with you.. Thanks to Derek, Persephonie, Andre and the kiddos for being so great !



Listen to her earlier hit from 2007, when Soko achieved a hit single in Denmark with her song "I'll Kill Her" after the radio program The Black Boy Scouts began to promote it. The song reached number one on the chart of the Danish version of the iTunes Store and was the number one song in rotation on radio.
I'll Kill Her



Stéphanie (Soko) Sokolinski is a César-nominated French actress who had a minor hit in 2007 before announcing that she was “dead” as a musician.
Now “reborn”, any reservations you might have about her debut album are scuppered at the start as she whispers: “You will discover me through my songs…/ Hear all the cracks and the lack of talent/ And I hope that you don’t hate me by then.” Think Daniel Johnston with experience in place of innocence. Touching and strangely beautiful.
Soko started recording in her bedroom, just a girl with an acoustic guitar and GarageBand. But her debut album, recorded with Elliott Smith collaborator Fritz Michaud, looks beyond such puppy-eyed whining. The likes of ‘For Marion’ and ‘I Just Want To Make New With You’ have a knack for making sadness sound sweet, and sweetness sad; and while there are clichés here that love songs struggle to escape from, ‘I Thought I Was An Alien’ dumps twee cold and hard, running into pop’s warm embrace. [Exystence]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online