Ana Moura


I was reading in my morning paper about the upcoming "Ana Moura in Berkeley" concert on February 18, 2012 at Zellerbach Auditorium, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA. And if you have been here before you would remember how enamored of Fado I am, even though as I've admitted before I don't understand a word of it. But you know you don't have to. It is a feeling. A wonderful feeling that Fado has on one.
Ana Moura (born 1979 in Santarém, Portugal) is an internationally recognized Portuguese fado singer, and the youngest fadista to be nominated for a Dutch Edison Award.
There you go, now you are not going to convince me that everybody in Holland understands Portuguese, yet they have an award for a fadista.

Enough of the chit chat, let's get down to reason you are here, have a listen to the amazing beautiful sounds of Ana Moura.

Leva-me aos Fados




Guittara

Live at Womadelaide 2011



Here's a great song from the first Portimão Fado Festival that was held on December 9 and 10 at Portimão Arena.




And then we have a beautiful pair of videos featuring her marvelous Fado singing.
O Que Foi Que Aconteceu




Os Búzios


Ana Moura it would appear has appeared practically all over the world. And there is just so many many beautiful appearances I could be posting them all day long. So I can only suggest you seek out more of her fantastic stuff on You Tube and elsewhere.
Look out also for her cover of the Rolling Stones Brown Sugar and even her performance with the Rolling Stones singing No Expectations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online