Julia Marcell


Julia Marcell is a singer songwriter from Poland. Her music features piano oriented compositions with string arrangements.
In 2007, she released a 5 track EP, called Storm, followed by a fan funded debut album through SellaBand in 2008, called It Might Like You. Album was then released in Germany, Austria, Switzerland in June 2009 and recently in Poland.
Currently she has a new album on release, June.

Her band members are:
Adam Bruderek - violin, trombone
Anna Prokopczuk - viola
Patrycja Taradejna - cello
Jakob Kiersch - drums
Thomas Merkel - double bass
Boris Breuer - geheimbass

This album is in the running for album of the year, in my book at least.

Matrioszka

Teledysk promujący nowy album Julii Marcell "June", który ukaże się 3 października 2011r.



Aye Aye

Polish singer-songwriter, pianist and violinist Julia Górniewicz, more well-known by her stage name Julia Marcell, performs a brand new song from her upcoming 2nd album June, live at the 2011 edition of the Haldern Pop Festival in Rees-Haldern, Germany. Recorded: August 11, 2011

Here is something from last year, around her appearance at SXSW.
Night of the Living Dead

My name is Julia and I write songs - thats what I do most of the time when I dont sing. So out of these made up little tunes sometimes something worthwhile is born and these are what I call classical punk songs.
Classical because of my intentions, punk because of the execution. Mostly they are stories - I write them simple to make sure everyone gets them, but still not too simple to make sure everyone gets them in a different way. These songs-stories are very different from each other, so to balance things out, I like to have modest instrumentation - natural, organic sounds of wood, string, finger hitting a piano key and voice whispering, cracking, breathing - this is the world of sounds that excites me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online