Oscars 2011: Best & Worst Picks

First, I have to say that the show was pretty boring and predictable, so those of you who missed it--didn't miss much. But I know you're all dying to hear my picks for best and worst dressed, right?!! I know you couldn't even sleep last night with the anticipation of what I might say (HAHA). Honestly, I know most of you won't care but here's what I thought of last nights fashion.

Overall, the fashion was pretty simple. Nothing too over the top, no big fashion moment in my opinion, but are the ladies I think got it right....and those who were better of staying home....

The Real Winners
: Sandra Bullock, Mila Kunis, Halle Berry.

Oscars 2011

I thought Sandy looked absolutely beautiful and hit it out of the park in this Vera Wang gown. Mila Kunis probably gets top billing for Best Dressed from me. I absolutely looved this lavender lace gown by Ellie Saab. Halle Berry always looks gorgeous--it's a bit sickening to be honest. Her body looks impeccable (of course) in this nude Marchessa gown.

Fashion Kudos:
Helen Mirren and Hailee Steinfeld.

Oscars 2011

Helen Mirren is a goddess--there, I said it. I love her and she is totally WORKIN' this Vivienne Westwood Couture gown! Hailee looks as cute as button. FINALLY there's a teenager in Hollywood actually dressing like a teenager! This tea length Marchessa princess dress is absolutely adorable on her.

Black Beauty:
Camila Alves.

Oscars 2011


...and the award for "Dress I would most want to steal" goes to, Camila Alves. This dress is absolutely STUNNING-- I can't stand it!! So simple, classic, and modern. Plus it fits her like a glove. Total red carpet perfection in my book.

Nice, But....: Jennifer Hudson, Mandy Moore, Hilary Swank.

Oscars 2011


I liked each one of these dresses but I think something went a little wrong with all of them. Mandy Moore looked pale as a ghost. Her dress is gorgeous, but I couldn't stop thinking "Man! girlfriend needs a tan!" Hilary Swank looked nice but needed to turn it up a notch. She wore no jewelry and minimal make-up--Yawn. I'm not gonna lie, I really liked Jennifer Hudson dress, but her hair and the boobage situation killed it for me. (see below.)

Oscars 2011


Fashion Notes: Gwyneth Paltrow, Cate Blanchett, Jennifer Lawrence, Reese Witherspoon.

Oscars 2011


I know that these dresses got a lot of buzz on the net, so I wanna put my two cents in too. They're not my favorite, but I don't think they're the worst either.

Gwyneth looked nice, I'm not sure why everyone is going gaga over this dress--it's okay, at best. (oh, another note: Gwyneth, stick to acting honey, your singing was painful. Just sayin')

Cate's Givenchy dress has practically caused a world uproar. Forget the crisis in the middle east, people are talking about this friggin dress! What do I think? hmm..I loved the structure, but I wasn't crazy about the wart-like beading all over. That's it. :)

Ok, a lot of people thought Jennifer Lawerence looked nice but I think all she was missing was a rescue tube and the Baywatch theme song playing in the background. Pass.

Oscars 2011


Reese Witherspoon wore this black and white Giorgio Armani Prive, and instantly I thought I was having a fashion flashback. It totally reminded me of Julia Robert's vintage Valentino circa 2001-- even up to the retro pony tail, don't you think? I even went to google it to make sure it wasn't the same dress! I might be crazy but I thought she had a little Julia Roberts aura going on.

Go Home Ladies, Go Home : Nicole Kidman, Marissa Tomei, Amy Adams.

Oscars 2011


Whoever told Nicole Kidman the priest's stole she had sewn on her hips looked chic, needs to be locked away. It's not cute Nicole.

Marissa, why? Why do you have to do this to me? Why must you make me talk bad about you?? You know how much I love you, but that dress needs to be taken off immediately.

I was surprised to hear how many people like Amy Adams? This dress drove me crazy all night. I hated the cut. The hair was a bore, and don't get me started on the necklace I wanted to yank off her and not because it was 1.4 MILLION dollars in diamonds but because it looked horrendous with her dress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online